Educating the head, hand & heart
Welcome to Friends School where students collaborate, create and make change happen for a better today and an even brighter tomorrow. We not only prepare our students for the next step in school – we prepare our students to have and use their skills, talents and passions to make a positive difference.
Our purpose and values influence everything we do, from how we teach math and the way we schedule our classes to the kinds of activities students engage in at recess and how we plan our learning spaces.
Come for a visit and see for yourself how we are developing the thinkers and doers of tomorrow – in our classrooms and in our Teacher Preparation Program.
I look forward to meeting you and partnering in this important work on behalf of our children.
Honor D. Taft
Head of School
Friends School is governed by an elected Community Board comprised of parents, parents of alumni students, the Head of School, teachers, program directors, and community members who act as ambassadors to our school.
Why Choose Friends School?
- Friends values all learners
- Each student is met according to their learning style
- Small class sizes allow for individualized attention
- Rich academics and exceptional social emotional curriculum prepare our students for any futures
- Our graduates leave Friends as thoughtful, kind, genuine, self-advocating, confident, and empathetic citizens