Applications are accepted beginning in August, one year prior to the year of enrollment. Applicants are considered on a rolling basis when spaces are available.
- RESEARCH – The start to your enrollment journey is getting to know our school to discover if Friends may be the right fit for your child and your family. Explore our website and social media channels, or call our admissions office.
- PAY US A VISIT – The best way to get a sense if Friends feels like the right fit is to visit us. A parent visit is a required piece of our admissions process. Sign up to attend a parent or family information meeting, or schedule a private tour.
- SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION – As soon as you feel that Friends may be the right school fit, the next step is to submit an application to enter our applicant pool. Following your completed inquiry, you will receive a link to access our application. Student visits can be scheduled upon receipt of the parent portion of our application, but admissions decisions will not be made until we have received complete applications including current teacher feedback.
- SCHEDULE A STUDENT VISIT DAY – Every applicant to friends must participate in a student visit. These visits are group playdates for applicants to preschool and Kindergarten, and individual shadow days for students applying to first through eighth grade. We will contact you to schedule your student visit upon receipt of your application.
- ROLLING NOTIFICATION – Students are admitted to Friends on a rolling basis, as space allows. Our first round of preschool and Kindergarten admissions happens in December, and continues until we are full. Open spaces in all grades are filled on an on-going basis. Friends School current families re-enroll for the next school year in February. This process determines the number of initial openings available for applicants at each grade level and begins our Wait Pool for future openings.
- ENROLLMENT, TUITION, AND FINANCIAL AID – After enrollment is offered, tuition decisions and financial aid requests are processed. To promote economic diversity, we provide a Tuition Scale based on family adjusted gross income per the previous year’s Federal Tax Return. Supplemental Financial Aid is also available on a limited basis for families with demonstrated financial need. Please see Tuition & Financial Aid for more information.