We believe in every child having the opportunity to access the individualized and comprehensive education offered at Friends School. Our Personalized Affordable Tuition (PAT) plan is designed for families in every socioeconomic situation and ensures that each tuition is affordable for each family. Our new Personalized Affordable Tuition plan uses online FAST applications to generate a guideline for tuition that is specific to each family, never to exceed the maximum published rate. This integrated system will ensure that Friends School is open to all families and that each student will benefit from increased diversity in the classroom.
Families have a choice to either agree to pay the published tuition rate, or to apply for PAT by completing a FAST application, including the financial overview, by their contract due date. In order to achieve broad socioeconomic diversity in each grade, there is a limited number of places available for each tuition rate. All families will receive their Personalized Affordable Tuition rate and contract within two weeks of submitting their FAST application. Should you decide not to submit a FAST application, your tuition will be the maximum published rate.
Tuition Rates & Other Fees
Friends School’s Community Board determines tuition in December of each year and publishes it to families in early January.
A nonrefundable deposit is paid at the time an enrollment contract is signed.
Cost for AfterCare, Enrichment classes and lunch are not included in tuition.
Friends School participates in the Dewar Tuition Refund Plan. Tuition insurance is utilized by over 1,000 independent schools nationwide and is a way of protecting the school and our community in the event of a student withdrawal. Please see our insurance vendor’s FAQ pages and additional information for full details.
2022-2023 Tuition Rates
Beginning with the 2022-2023 school year, Friends School utilizes a continuous enrollment model beginning this year. This simplifies the re-enrollment process for families and means that you will only need to complete the enrollment process once for the entire time your child attends Friends School. Your child will be automatically re-enrolled each year, unless you notify the school during the annual re-enrollment window.
Apply for PAT through FAST
1. CONTRACTS – Re-enrollment contracts are issued for returning families in early January. Contracts are due within two weeks of issue date. If you are applying for PAT, you must do so prior to the contract due date. (New families receive contracts as students are accepted into the school and contracts are due two weeks from the issuance date.)
2. APPLYING FOR PAT – online through FAST
- TIMING: The application process takes about 60-90 minutes to complete and can be done in more than one sitting.
- FEE: There is a $48 application fee, which you can pay by credit card directly to FAST as soon as the application is complete.
- DOCUMENTATION NEEDED: Please have specific financial information readily available to complete the application (your Federal and state tax returns from the two years prior, annual household expenses, mortgage/rent expenses, assets, business expenses, etc.). If your family is receiving, or will receive financial support from an additional source, or your child(ren) receive support for tuition payments (e.g. grandparents, other family members, trust funds, or any other sources), you must report this on the FAST online application form.
- ADDITIONAL INFO: There are several school specific questions you will be required to answer and you will be given the opportunity to provide a parent letter where you can explain in detail your full financial situation which may entail more than what is reflected on your tax return.
- UPLOAD DOCUMENTS: You must upload tax documents (Federal and state tax returns, W2’s) to FAST in order to have your application processed. FAST will not complete your application until they receive these documents so please plan ahead to allow for time prior to your contract deadline. You must supply these documents directly to FAST regardless of whether you have previously provided some of this information to Friends School. Friends School may also ask for additional information if it is deemed necessary.
3. PAT DETERMINED – You will be issued a PAT letter from the Business office and a revised Enrollment Contract(s) reflecting the PAT, which will be due one week after issuance.