University of Colorado, Boulder, CO - Graduate Courses, School Counseling Linguistics
Working with children has been a passion for me since childhood. In 1981, I started on a career path that has led me to Friends School. I taught both first and second grade in California then settled in Colorado. I was a reading teacher for 11 years before coming to Friends School in 2004. Working with children in all of the elementary grades is both exciting and challenging. Watching children progress from year to year is such a joy. I feel fortunate to be working with such a dedicated and caring staff.
I am a lover of books, various outdoor activities and music. I live in Louisville with my husband and daughter.
Certifications and trainings:
- Academy of Orton Gillingham Practitioners and Educators
- Fundations – Wilson Language
- LETRS (Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling) – Louisa Moats
- Linguistic Remedies for Reading Disabilities – Barbara Wise
- The Writing Revolution:
- Advanced Thinking Through Writing
- School Leadership Workshop
- Acadience (DIBELS)